Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally an update

It looks like 16 will look alot like this picture.
I have not been updating here much. I feel like what I have to say is redundant. Yep, Hayley is still not getting good grades in school. I can't seem to find anything to motivate her. She came home from school last week crying. She refused to tell us why. After finally making her tell us we found out that the medical academy director told her that if her grades didn't improve she is out. I have been telling her this for months now. It only seemed to hit home for her when someone else told her. She has two weeks left in this quarter and I am worried about her. Then it is spring break and the end of the grading period.

With our new schedule at work the weeks seem to be flying by. We are both working about 50 hours per week and it seems to consume our lives. It doesn't leave much time for anything else. I dream about renting cars and trucks at night. On Thursday nights we stop now on the way home for dinner and a glass of wine and try to decompress. It gives us something to look forward to.

The weather here is beautiful. 85 degrees everyday. My allergies have been out of control with the blooming flowers. I am constantly taking medicine and my eyes sure have been itching.

Colton has a new job mowing and pulling weeds with a friend every week. She pays them $25 a week which they split. This person was paying $200 a month with a landscaping company. They decided to hire Colton and his friend and save $100 a month. Colton is going to try to get into the business academy in high school next year. I will keep you posted.

It broke my heart last week to read of a little girl who passed due to sepis as she was being treated for neuroblastoma in Vermont. She had started to respond to treatment. Ny had told her to take her home on hospice prior to this. Her counts were low from chemo, she got an infection and very quickly it took over her body and she passed. I can not imagine the pain her parents feel. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/madisynbenoit. Reading these stories about these courageous young children reminds me whats really important in life.

No comments: