Friday, January 23, 2009

Temps in the 20's


Since I have lived in Florida (1988) I can not remember it ever being this cold here for such an extended period of time. We have had several nights with temps in the 20's. When I came to work yesterday the cars were covered in a deep frost. I thought I had left that behind in Wisconsin. The worst part is that if it's going to get that cold it could at least snow. I do miss that first snow. Snow reminds me of peace for some reason.


We have been preparing for Hayley's sweet sixteen on February 9th. She is actually having her party on February 7th. She has invited 25 girls with eight of them invited to stay overnight. Chris has really been planning alot of events to make this a special birthday for her. He is taking her to the salon and she is getting her hair colored and getting a new style of hair cut. Also at that time she is getting a manicure and a pedicure. At her birthday party he hired a palm reader to come over to our house for an hour to read the girls palms. He is going to cook on the grill hamburgers and hotdogs and then on our tv we will hook up the Wii and they will play games. We also have a pool table for their enjoyment. It should be everything that she could wish for.


On the other hand Colton and Chris have not been getting along. Colton is in that teenager land. Very lazy not doing his chores, expecting everything but giving nothing in return. He got an F in Science this last quarter and his behavior has been bad in that class. Chris tried to work with him on a paper and he had misspelled all the words, penmanship was atrocious etc. Colton was laughing which infuriated Chris and all I heard was alot of screaming. Hayley was in the room and told Chris enough defending Colton. After it was all said and done everyone apolozized but both Colton and Chris are still holding grudges. Chris feels like Colton doesn't appreciate everything he does for him and Colton thinks Chris is hard on him all the time. I am in the middle. Colton doesn't show appreciation, do what's asked of him etc and Chris is hard on him but only because he wants to help him succeed. So where do we go from here. I don't know. One day at a time I guess and I try and be the buffer in between. Just what I don't have time for.


Last night Chris and I met Geoffrey at the little Italian pizzeria restaurant that he works for after we had gotten off work. Geoffrey was proud to show us where he works. Chris and Geoffrey were going to the Orlando Magic game afterwards. Unfortunately, the Magic played horribly against the Celtics. He didn't get home until around 11:00 and had to get up for work at 5:00 am. I felt bad for him but I sure needed today off. I have to work tomorrow.


I just love this picture of Colton. I wish I could go back in time. Now that I am older and wiser I would do some things differently with him. I did the best I could at the time. He will be a success but I know the next four years are going to be trying. I will post pictures of Hayleys new hairdo when she gets it done.

No comments: