Monday, February 9, 2009

Officially Sweet Sixteen


Sixteen years ago today Hayley Marie entered this earth weighing 7 lbs 9 ounces at 6:49 pm. She was 20 inches long. I remember this day like it was yesterday. I had called my friend Brenda saying I thought I was having contractions but they seemed to be sporadic and I wasn't really having any pain. She drove me to the doctors office and the doctor checked me for dilation. He turned to me in disbelief and said I was dilated 6 cm and to go immediately to the hospital. Luckily the hospital was within one mile from the doctors office. I still wasn't experiencing much pain. I was at the doctors office about 2:00pm-3:00pm. We made it to the hospital and I immediately requested an epidural. They said that it might be too late for that. Luckily I was able to get one after stating I was not having the baby without the epidural. They then broke my water and after that the pain was unbearable. Brenda had been calling everyone to let them know I was in labor. Half of Budget car rental was in the waiting room and people would drift in and out of my room. Finally it was time to push and after just a couple of pushes Hayley came right out. It was a very easy delivery but the doctor should have cut me and I tore so I was very sore for the next couple of days. Hayley's apgar score was 8 and 9. Scott was at work and by the time Brenda reached him I had all ready delivered. He did come to the hospital that night. Since I was in pain they gave me some drugs to help with the pain. I don't know if it was percocet or vicodin but whatever it was I never want it again. It gave me an anxiety attack. I remember Hayley's first night home from the hospital she cried all night. I am thankful my mom was there to help me with her. I don't know what I would have done otherwise. Now sixteen years have passed and I am so thankful for the person that Hayley has turned into. She has such a loving heart.

No comments: