Friday, December 19, 2008

Illness hath invaded

Today is the last day of school before the Christmas break. I am off today and Colton wakes me up at 6:30 to tell me that he has a sore throat and he wants to stay home from school. He tells me that he couldn't sleep last night. Since they will only be playing games or watching movies at school I let him stay home with a warning of no XBox will be played today.
I have a serious canker sore underneath my tongue and it is extremly painful to say the least. I can barely talk and the thought of food makes me naseous because of the pain each bite will cause. I am thankful to say the least that I am home today and I will be gargling salt water all day. I do need to get a manicure and hair cut today even though I feel like just climbing back into bed. Our dog last night was restless and I had to get up twice to let her outside. I felt bad for Chris as I kept waking him up and he had to work today.
Chris and I will be working nonstop until Christmas. One of us will be there every day to ensure that we are maximizing revenue. It is pretty depressing how much our business is going to be down over last year. All we can do is make sure that we are catching every rental possible. We have partnered with a repair shop that is on the same property as we are. Their salesperson will be promoting us to rent cars and trucks as they do sales calls. We are hoping that will give us some decent business starting in January.
Lots of kids right now are suffering from their cancer. I also read on another blog that corporate america has pretty much stopped donating to these organizations. That means fewer kids having treatment options and fewer new treatment options. Here is a link to the boy that I help support. Praying for continued good news on his latest scans. http://www.jackbrownappeal.org/updatesonjack.asp

No comments: