Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Work, Video Games and Travel

Today is my official day two of being off after working virtually eight days straight. After complaining for eight days that I had to work I am now off and feeling like I don't know what to do with myself. I am restless. The chores that I need to do today I don't want to do. Pedicure, grocery shopping, christmas shopping, folding clothes, cleaning house, cooking dinner. I told Chris I'm not happy when I'm at work and then when I'm finally at home I want to go back to work. What is wrong with me. One thing I know is that I am a creature of habit. So having my schedule so out of whack throws me out of whack. I don't like change.

All video games in this house have been outlawed during the week due to poor grades and bad behavior from one teenage boy. Now he is always bored and whiny during the week. There is nothing to do. I suggested studying his science book since that is the class that he is doing poorly in. Of course it's the teachers fault and I should have him switch teachers. Which I refused. Hayley has not been allowed being on her computer during the week since the first progress report. She has brought her grades up to acceptable levels.

We did book our two free nights to Atlantis in the Bahamas in April. Just Chris and I will be going. I am also looking for Chris and I to go to New York City in June for the weekend. Hopefully using our Hilton honor points to stay at the Waldorf Astoria hotel and my Delta points for free airline tickets. That gives me something to look forward to. In August we will plan a family vacation with the kids at a resort in Florida probably San Destin Florida in the panhandle. Then in October to Wisconsin with Hayley and Colton for my sisters wedding. I had started planning a trip to California with all the kids until the economy tanked and the stock market virtually crashed. It seems like it will be awhile before it stabilizes again.

No comments: