Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Medical Student



Wednesday night I went running into Hayleys room to look for something. She is a typical teenager and had things strewn all over the floor. I ran smack into a five pound weight and now my toe looks like this. Hayley in her sports medicine class has been learning how to use Ace bandages to wrap injuries. She looked over my foot pretty much squeezing it from side to side and declared that I would be fine. She asked identifying questions such as does it hurt when I do this and informed me that little pools of blood were forming under my skin. I told her that her bedside manner needed some improvement. When an injury occurs she might want to carefully feel the patients toe instead of ripping it from one side to the other. I then informed her that this was the third time that I had stubbed my toe on those weights and its not like she is lifting weights and to kindly remove them from her bedroom floor before my toe needed an amputation. I think she felt badly but I don't believe the weights are gone from the room.
The good news is that she has a babysitting job tonight. I am all for her earning some money. She blows through it like water and is really into shopping at the mall with her friend Lindsay. Luckily she shops on the sale racks and only spends about $20 when she does go with her.
Our neighbor across the street called us this morning to inform us that someone ransacked their cars and broke into their garage and stole some beer last night. The police believes it was kids. Chris and I checked our cars and both our doors were unlatched. This has happened before and someone stole about 10 cds I had in the car. Most of them were hits from the 80's. Not sure what a kid would do with that. Last time they tried to steal my car but the security alarm turned my car off. I love that feature.
Chris and I went on a Christmas parade of boats on the Butler chain of Lakes. It was so so so cold. I haven't been that cold in a long time and I don't want to be again anytime soon. It was nice and holiday like. Everyone had their boats decorated with Christmas lights and our friends Kym and Clive had appetizers and a good time was had by all. Tonight is Chris friend Ken's 40th birthday party. They live about 30 minutes from us. Should be fun as well.

No comments: