Monday, April 2, 2007

The beginning

So far I have just been a spectator in the world of blogging. So where do I start? Do I give you my life history or just start talking about all the boring mundane things that happen in my life on a day to day basis? I guess its best to give a little information on myself.
My husband and I live in the sunny state of Florida where I moved to from Wisconsin when I gradutated from high school so many years ago like 18. My husband is from Boston and of course a Red Sox fan, Patriot fan etc etc. If there's a sport he's a fan. We were set up on a blind date in 2001. It was an immediate success to my surprise. I had been divorced from my childrens father for about 2 years. I really had no interest in dating, one man's torture had been enough. At my company picnic at Wet N Wild after a few cocktails and a group of us girls talking, one of my friends said "Would you go on a blind date?" Bolstered by the many drinks I said courageously, of course I would. As we were driving to dinner and my palms were sweating I kept thinking why did I ever agree to this. I finally relaxed after my first glass of wine and discovered that we had many things in common. He was divorced and had two children like I did. We both enjoyed sports. He probably enjoys them alot more than I do I discovered a little bit later. The night was a success and the relationship started moving full speed ahead.
Our date was on a Saturday night and by Wednesday he was back and we went out to dinner again. This time to a Gators around the corner from my house to do what but watch sports. When we met I told him that we would have to be on a minimum of 5 dates before anything would happen between us. So I fully expected to see him again on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Luckily he had his own responsiblility's with his children but he was back again on Friday and then on Sunday I was all ready meeting his two sons and preparing dinner at my house for everyone including my children. Let's just say that was quite an experience and I can't believe that he every called me again.
I will give you a quick run down on my son Colton. He was diagnosed at the age of 6 the year that he started Kindergarden with a severe case of Impulse Control Disorder and ADHD. This was also the year that I was going through my very emotional divorce from his father. My ex-husband was fighting me for custody and I was doing everything I could to fight him for custody and try to keep our house from bankruptcy and deal with my sons emotional issues which my ex-husband denied that Colton had any problems whatsoever. Let's just say I have no idea how I ever made it through those years. I will talk much more about all the things that happened during those years later.
Even on medication Colton was a force to be reckoned with and I know that he took advantage of me. I truthfully didn't do a great job of handling Colton and he pretty much ran the show back then. Back to the dinner for my new boyfriend and his two children. Colton precedes to stand up at the table on the chair and throw corn in the air and try to catch it in his mouth laughing hysterically while I slump farther and farther into my chair and yell at him to sit down now. Of course that worked and he sat right down and started eating his dinner like a human being and not some sloth. Yea right! Finally, after being sent to his room where he finally stayed for about 5 minutes the dinner was over and I am sure Chris questioned to himself what the hell have I gotten myself into. Luckily for me he must have saw something he liked in me and he called again for another date.

No comments: