Monday, April 2, 2007

Roommates

The story gets better yet! So I am now separated from my husband in June and dealing with my sons problems in August and September. My divorce is going to be final on Dec 3rd. My soon to be ex-husband disappears off the face of the earth. You heard me right. Not wanting to pay child support after he loses the custody battle he decides to quit his amazing great job with Nasa and leave his children behind forever. To never to see them, call them forever. What kind of person could to that?
I guess I should have been expecting this to happen since his brother tried to intimidate me during the divorce by telling me his brother will not pay me child support. My response "I don't care I don't need his money to support my children". Well, afterwards to myself I acknowledged that maybe I did just a little. Mortgages, daycare, credit card debt with no help is impossible. So my bestest friend who has been living in St Louis for the past two years happens to be having a very hard time also. She is divorced with two children. A boy and a girl just like me. I have a 4 bedroom house and wouldn't it be great if we could be roommates. The kids could share a room each and we would have our own rooms. Think of all the fun we could have. I would then be able to keep my house and give my children some semblance of normalcy and not have to uproot them into an apartment in probably not a great area of town. My best friend packs up all her stuff and moves back to Florida and thank the lord my house has been saved and my children can go back to the school where everyone knows our name! Yeah!
I am not an overly religous person. I believe in God and afterlife. I was born and raised Catholic. I am talking about on your knees every Wednesday during lent citing the stations of the cross. Never missing church on Sunday so when I finally was in control of my own life I decided that church was something I could do without. I do believe that God was with me every step of the way during this time and as a sign read this past week that I passed on a churchs billboard. Sometimes god has to break you in order to remake you!

No comments: