Monday, April 2, 2007

Best Friends

In the beginning having my best friend living with me was great. It was like being in high school all over again. Staying up late after the kids went to sleep and having a glass of wine or glasses of wine and talking for hours. Now Traci if you ever find my blog and read this you know that you will always be my best friend and I love you. Unfortunately though, you have some bad habits and faults just like I do. I am sure some of the things I did got on your last nerve. With that being said, Traci was not the best housekeeper and our house was always a mess (trashed). Laundry was a never ending cycle of clothes being washed over and over again because someone would start the washer but the clothes never quite made it to the dryer and if they made it to the dryer they never seem to make it out of the basket. Now if they made it out of the basket then they would end up on the couch. Then the kids would push them to the floor. I am a little obsessive about my clothes. They cannot ever never touch the floor. So once again I would rewash the clothes that were mine anyways. Laundry was just one of the problems. Dishes were another and mowing the grass and cleaning the kids rooms. These things were just not very important to Traci. I don't think she mopped the tile floors in the house more than twice the entire 4 years she lived with me. She might have mowed the grass once (but never finished). In the beginning I tried to keep up with the four kids and my (wife). Not an easy task to keep up with. When Traci first moved in she had a job where she would travel during the week. So while she was gone was probably the cleanest my house would ever be.

No comments: