Thursday, April 5, 2007

Detention

I am so ready for the school year to be over. Today Colton got another detention. Of course it was from his favorite teacher in Science. As I'm driving home from work trying to relax listening to my CD Player my phone rings and guess who but Colton's teacher. I feel a little bitter. At this point I feel that she is so intolerable of him and his situation. Believe me I know that Colton is not 100% right in this but I believe that she is now looking for a reason for him to be in trouble. My husband tells me that I'm biased and I should make him take responsiblity for his actions. I tried that path. I tried to be supportive of the teacher. I am still waiting for her to come up with a resolution to fix the problem. I have done my part. He has been totally grounded for one week. No XBox or computer. He has a Ymca dance tomorrow night that he now can' t attend because of his behavior at school today. If we didn't have just one month of school left I would demand that he be pulled from her class. The entire reason for the detention is because she says they were doing a lab experiment in class and Colton put a pencil into the water. Colton has a different synopsis of what happened. Another boy was doing something and Colton had a pencil and it fell into the water. Now I don't neccessarily believe that Colton is telling me the truth but there are other ways to handle this behavior than to just arbitrarily give out detention. So his teacher tells me that there has to be consequences. I wanted to ask her so are you implying that he doesn't receive consequences at home??? Then she tells me that he must be at detention tomorrow at 8:40. Well, I hate to burst your bubble but I work at 6:30 am and I can't miss work. She of course had no alternative. Now I will have to have my stepson on his way to high school drop Colton off early at 8:00 and have him wait until the teacher gets there to let him in and she states that he will be safe. She had better hope he is safe. I don't let me son go anywhere unattended. Thanks for listening. I feel better now that is off my chest.

No comments: