Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Your child is unhappy

Now I am going to fast forward to something that happened just this last week. My son has been having problems in his classrooms again. The teacher called to talk to me regarding his behavior. She said to me "Your son just seems very unhappy". I tried to keep my calm as I started to stutter the word unhappy? as my voice increased with every syllable. What would this child have to be unhappy about. It must be the new ipod that he got for his birthday or the new computer for christmas and all the new clothes that I just bought for him last week. I am sure those things are making him oh so unhappy. The child that places his order as I go grocery shopping for all the snacks for the week. Because when I was a child I had no computer, ipod, gameboy, xbox, gamecube. I was lucky that I had a bike for transportation and didn't have the pleasure of riding my $200.00 scooter all over the neighborhood.
I felt I needed to set the record straight and tell his teacher that the only thing Colton was unhappy about was going to school and having to work at learning as this was difficult for him. When I heard the word unhappy I felt it directly correlated to me and how I was raising my son. How could this boy be so unhappy. At night at home he would in his little boy voice he would call MOMMA playfully and giggle. I know I only have so many nights left to experience that little boy voice and giggle before he will be on his journey to adulthood.

No comments: