Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Weather

I love this time of year. Football is back, the air is cooler and the seasons shows are back on the air. Today I ran/walked around the block. It's been awhile. Then since I was so hot and panting I thought I would take a dive into the pool. Wow, the nights have been cooler and so is the pool. I did my twenty laps and I sure hope that I can keep up this commitment. We have a ritual in our house by baking toll house cookies every night during the week. I will need alot more running or swimming to make up for all those calories.

The kids are hearing all about the economy from the news. Colton especially likes to make frequent trips to our bedroom to snuggle with our dog Molly. I can tell they are a little worried. We have made some cutbacks around our house. The stock market news is very worrisome. We are self employed and our old 401k's from when we worked for corporations are invested in the stock market. It is so difficult to watch month after month as the money diminishes and do nothing. I heard tonight on the news that the Ceo of Lehman brothers pocketed $500 million dollars before the company filed bankruptcy. What is going on in this country? It sure is time for a change.

On a good note Jack Brown is no evidence of disease and this is after last year when he relapsed his parents were told there was nothing that could be done for him. Luckily his parents went to Vermont and Dr Sholler put him on several trials that have cleared his neuroblastoma. You can visit him at http://www.jackbrownappeal.org/updatesonjack.asp. Way to go Jack!

No comments: