Monday, October 6, 2008

Long Time Since Last Post

I had good intentions when I started this blog. I read many other blogs daily. Most of the blogs are children with neuroblastoma cancer and the others are written by mothers of multiples. When you are writing on a blog it feels like no one is reading what you have to say. That may be true especially since I post only every six months or so. So as of today I am going to make a concerted effort to post more often.
I mean I have had some exciting things happen in my life lately. My husband and I traveled to Europe on August 7th for our 4th wedding anniversary. Good thing I had planned this trip a year in advance. With the state of the economy we never would have went otherwise. I also have planned a cruise for the weekend to the Bahamas. My birthday is Ocotober 19th. I won't say how old I am. All the kids are going which I really enjoy. I can feel the years slipping away with Hayley and Colton. I know that I will blink and they will be gone.
I was looking at pictures last night. The pictures were from a vacation that we took to Jamaica in 2005. I was skinny! That was in June and I quit smoking in October. It has been downhill since then. I think I have gained 10 pounds and it really bothers me. I have tried running, changing my eating habits, swimming, elliptical machine, diet pills and nothing seems to work. I actually look younger and healthier before I quit smoking. What is going on with that. This October 19th it will be three years since I stopped smoking.
As I typed this, heaven has another neuroblastoma angel. Brandon Loose lost his fight. I will say it again. It is 2008 how can we not save these children. http://www.caringbridge.org/pa/brandonloose/

1 comment:

Carolyn Wing said...

I found your site through a google alert. Thank you for caring for our neuroblastoma children. Hugs and prayers. Carolyn Wing grandma to Laura Stage IV neuroblastoma carepages.com page name LauraVDB
thegrannyblog.blogspot.com