Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lost --- Purpose Found--- Perspective

Monday I was in a funk which carried over into Tuesday. Yesterday I found out that the company that I worked for, for 15 years are taking some drastic measures to make sure that they make it through this economic pitfall. I am now an independent contractor for this company and not a corporate employee and have countless friends that still work for the company. The company has given every corporate employee the option of a voluntary layoff. They would receive a generous severance package. I was actually feeling jealous. I sure could use some time off. Now if this company doesn't get the number of people they are looking for then a mandatory layoff will ensue. These employees were also told their medical copayment would increase by 50% in the next year and the company will no longer have a 401k plan. Wow, I was stunned. I feel really bad for them. I have no health insurance or 401k either since I am self employed but I make decent money and take care of these things myself. Some of these people make little, little money. So that is how I found my perspective and I am sure that my purpose is coming right behind it. I am just thankful to have a job for today anyways.

No comments: