Saturday, November 1, 2008

A little of this, A little of that and Donate to Band of Parents Foundation


This picture just cracks me up. I had to quickly snap a photo. I'm not sure why Chris looks possessed. Colton was on his way to a haunted house in the neighborhood when he found out his tires on his bike were flat. I wish that I could have gotten a picture of Hayley. I should have had her take the other camera and snap pictures with her friends. I had done so well all week eating healthy and then I blow it in about 30 minutes. Candy is so hard to resist.


Our plans today are to clean the house and get ready for my cousins from Switzerland Alice and Paul Meier who I will pick up from the airport on Monday and drive them to their hotel which is about 10 minutes from our house. They will go to Disney this week and then I will pick them up on Saturday and we are meeting our other cousins Bill and Paula Meier who live in the Villages and we will all go out to dinner. My aunt Clara and John will be flying down for a visit on November 10. So it looks like the next few weeks will be very busy. Monday alone I have to take Colton to the dentist and then to school. I need a pedicure and a manicure. I am supposed to meet Chris downtown and update our mortgage/car into both our names. Then pick up Alice and Paul at the airport that night.
Chris is at work right now as it is the end of the month and we have been very busy with truck rentals. Also, the republicans and democrats have been renting vans from us. Thank goodness for the election that is the only thing keeping us alive this month. Otherwise revenues would be down, down, down. This afternoon Chris friend Felix is coming over to watch the Gator game. I would prefer going out to eat as we normally would on a Saturday night. Tomorrow I am working for my employee Jennifer. At least I can get caught up on my paperwork.
Since the holiday season is approaching here is a great way to donate to a great cause and it costs you nothing. igive.com and select Band of Parents Foundation. You do have to register but it is a great way to help when money is tight as it is right now. Band of parents was formed by a group of parents that their children are being treated at Sloan Kettering hospital in New York City for Neuroblastoma. Because only around 600 children a year are diagnosed with neuroblastoma it is not profitable for the pharmaceutical companies to invest to find a cure. These parents have banded together to raise money to find a cure for their children. So along with trying to take care of their children and the stress that entails they are also dedicated to raising money. When you purchase online the company you are buying from donates a percentage of the sale to the Band of Parents organization. Every dollar helps. Cancer touches every family in some way. It just seems when it is a child it is so much more devestating. When an adult gets cancer you can say well they have lived a good life but when it is a small defenseless child it just makes your heart hurt.

No comments: