Friday, November 14, 2008

Miscellaneous

What a beautiful sight which fills me with peace.
I seem to have recovered from my minor depression this week. I am still in a state of shock. Especially since I know that the next sixty days many more changes will be taking place in my work environment. These changes will not be for the better either. My stress level which has been at a high these past several months will only increase.

I have been working with Hayley this past week on her grades. She has the ability to get straight A's even in her honors classes the problem is she doesn't have the will or desire. We have tried taking things away from her so now I am trying a new tact. She is reading the book Fountainheads for her History Honors class. Every Friday she has a test. Now we are reading the book together. I am a world class reader and English was my best class. It is not an easy book to read. I am hoping that if we do it together it will make it more important to her.

My mother in law and sister in law are in Ireland right now. What I wouldn't give to join them. A vacation seems like a long way away as we have nothing planned and it looks like we might have to change our plans for our 2009 vacations.

Today I am asking for prayers for this little girl. Her family just learned recently of her relapse. Now she is having problems with pneumonia. Any delays in treatment could allow the neuroblastoma time to spread. http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=elizabethwestberry

No comments: